Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Top 5 - Summer Products

Hey girls and boys!! Long time no see. I hope everyone is having a lovely summer, I know I am. I just wanted to stop by and tell you about my top 5 must have summer products. I'm listing these as summer products but of course you can still use them in all seasons. Enjoy!

In no particular order:

Original Carmex Moisturizing Lip Balm with SPF 15


This is my utmost favourite lip lipbalm/chapstick whatever you want to call it. I have some of the dryest lips ever and I find myself picking at the dead skin more often then not (i know, gross!). I'm also a lipbalm junkie, which means I've tried anything from nivea to lipsmackers. Some are too waxy, too medicated, too greasy, or plain too ineffective. This however is the perfect mix of medicated and moisturizing. The active ingredients listed are Octinoxate and Oxybenzone which are both primarily used for sun protection. My lips are smooth, and moisturized when I have this on. This is definitely a Holy Grail lipbalm good for both women and men.

Annabelle Smoothliner - Waterproof + Long Lasting


My friend introduced this to me a while back when we were getting ready at her house one night. This is a pencil liner that goes on smoothly. I never thought I'd go back to pencil liners until I discovered this one. It goes on smoothly for tightlining or lining your upper lashline. It is also relatively waterproof. Also for about 7 dollars at the drugstore, its a huge bargain!

Elf Natural radiance Blusher - Glow


I have a drawer full of blushes ranging from drugstore to high end and I still find myself reaching for this blush. It has the most perfect pink 'glow' effect. I put a little bit on my cheeks and the residual across the top of my forehead and over my nose. On days when I've had little to no sleep, this blush will be able to conceal that.

Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray


I cannot stress how important this product is especially if you blowdry, straighten, or curl your hair often. It has been one year since I completely damaged my hair and it is safe to say I've learned my lesson. During the summer the sun's rays are stronger and more damaging. Along with sunscreen for your skin, you should use some sort of heat protection for your hair. I spritz a bit on all over before blowdrying or stepping out into the sun for long periods of time.


Victoria Secret - Love Spell

I love love love this scent. It is a perfect blend of Cherry Blossom, Peach and White Jasmine. I put this on the other day and even my brother noticed it. According to him no one should ever smell this good lol. I spritz this on all over but be careful not to over spray. It can become overpowering.

All in all I'm pretty satisfied with these products. Since this is only my top 5, I didn't get to mention some other products that I use frequently. You should try to buy a good moisturizer with spf, a nice sunless tanner for your legs which tend to be lighter than the rest of your body, and oh yes, a nice pair of sunglasses. Until next time, enjoy the sun.

xoxo à bientôt

1 comment:

glitz & glam said...

hey I was just wondering does the Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray actually work I also damaged my hair sigh!