Monday, March 22, 2010

Princess Vintage Inspiration

The look today is based on a beautiful bridal look by a talented young makeup artist. Please check her stuff out: AskmeMakeup. Overall this look is super simple to achieve. It'll work on pretty much any eye shape... even mine.

My interpretation:

Face
- Non-spf moisturizer
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer - NC 20
- Rimmel Foundation
- Mac Mineralized Powder - Medium

Eyes
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Annabelle eyeshadow 225 (Matte Off white colour)
- Estee Lauder - Amethyst (Shimmering brown, copper undertones)
- MAC Shroom Eyeshadow
- 88 Palette - Very dark brown (Matte or shimmery is fine)
- Revlon Colorstay - Black Pencil Eyeliner
- L'oreal Carbon Black Liquid Eyeliner
- Estee Lauder Water Proof Mascara
- Ebay False Lashes

Cheeks
- MAC bronzer
- Elf Pink Lemonade Cream Blush

Lips
- Carmex
- NYX lip pencil
- Estee Lauder Signature : 33 Apricot Sun


Instructions:

Conceal blemishes and apply your foundation sparingly. Lately with foundation I've been applying it with my hand (Clean hand of course). The heat from your body helps to emulsify and blend in the foundation. Dust off with some Mineralized Powder to set your foundation. Next I used a small eyeshadow brush and with my bronzer, I contoured right underneath my cheek bone. You don't want it to be overly obvious, so blend blend blend. We're not going for Jersey Shore ladies =P. I then applied some cream blush on the apples of my cheeks and blended it out. You want your cheeks to have a healthy glow. The best way to achieve this would be a cream blush.

I applied my primer all over my eyelid and on my bottom lash. Using a fluffy brush I applied the off white colour all over my eye. taking the Amethyst (brown) I created the illusion of a double lid. Feel for your brow bone and apply the brown colour right beneath the brow bone. When you reach the outer corner of your eye, make a v shape that connects to the line you just drew. Take your fluffy brush blend only along the brown so you can blend out the harsh line. Take the fluffy brush, dip it in Shroom and apply that to the center part of your lid. You want that part to be highlighted. You can even highlight your brow bone with that. If you're brown colour is still too dark, take some of the shroom and gently sweep it over the brown as you blend. It'll help soften up the harsh line. Add a tiny bit of black into the v and blend away. This helps to define your corner. Tight line using your pencil eyeliner. Then using your liquid eyeliner, line the top and wing it out. Try to keep the line thin as you are not going for dramatic. Curl and Apply some mascara. Use false lashes if you wish. I took one pair and cut it in half. I'll have to show a tutorial for that next.

The lip part was super simple. Girls don't be afraid to try bright colours. I used to think I wouldn't be able to pull it off and though I'm sure some people still might not agree with me, I like it. Just make sure you try it. Sometimes the undertones are too warm or too cool for your own skin tone. So you'll just have to keep trying until you find the proper shades. If you are going for a bright coloured lip I suggest using a lip pencil first. You don't want your lipstick to bleed into your lips or worse yet, bleed out (picture : Clown lips). I used a NYX lip pencil to line. Applied my Apricot and smoothed it out with my finger.

You can take this look flip it, turn it and see where it goes! Please ignore my stupid poses. I don't know how to smile on cam...

Princess Mulan? haha

Bridal/Prom

I really only like this for the lips. Its important to use Lip Liner!!!!


One of my personal favourite things to do is taking off the lipstick and then applying Carmex.
Since there is still some residue, it becomes a lip stain. The carmex helps to plump up your lips.

The Last one is especially wearable for work, school or play =) Good Luck Princesses.~

3 comments:

Wong Bomb said...

Those earrings look weird; i don't know lol. Other than that, everything else looks great :D

cinderdork said...

haha they're my favourite earrings ever!

mapa wifi espaƱa said...

Thanks a lot for giving everyone a very marvellous possiblity to check tips from here. It’s usually very pleasant plus stuffed with fun for me and my office fellow workers to visit the blog minimum three times per week to see the new issues you have got. Not to mention, I am just always astounded considering the outstanding secrets served by you.